My love for podcasts has not diminished since my first list of The Most Addictive Podcasts. I exhaust the episodes pretty quick so I have expanded my list. Here are some new or just new to me Podcasts that I have been enjoying recently.
- StartUp – Let me say first, that I am not a business or finance person at all! But I gobble up every new episode of this podcast. I loved the first season especially! It follows a former producer from This American Life as he goes out on his own to start his own Media company. I found it so honest and interesting.
- Snap Judgment – If you like the polished storytelling style on a theme of This American Life, you will love Snap Judgement. They describe themselves as “storytelling with a beat.” The host is super engaging – you will love it!
- Limetown – There is currently only one season of this fictional super creepy podcast. It follows a journalist as she investigates the infamous disappearance of a doomed research facility. Keeping my fingers crossed for a second season!
- Reply All – Is simply a show about the internet. The hosts delve into interesting areas like video games, craigslist and twitter. I learn something new each episode.
- Slate’s Mom and Dad Are Fighting – I would say this is truly my new favorite podcast. When a friend told me about it I went back to the first episode and listened to it all! It is hosted by two parents. They talk about their triumphs and fails in raising their own kids, interview people about interesting parenting issues and give awesome recommendations. If you have kids – listen now!
- The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel – This is a fictional podcasts for kids! How cool is that?!? I would say this is good for 8 year olds and up. My 10 year old and I listen every week and are hooked. It is about a group of kids where strange things start happening.